Rajgad (Ruling Fort) is a hill fort situated in the Pune district of Maharashtra, India. Formerly known as Murumdev, the fort was the capital of the Maratha Empire under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which the capital was moved to the Raigad Fort. Treasures discovered from an adjacent fort was used to completely build and fortify the Rajgad Fort.
The Rajgad Fort is located around 60 km (37 mi) to the south-west of Pune and about 15 km (9.3 mi) west of Nasrapur in the Sahyadris range. The fort lies 1,400 m (4,600 ft) above the sea level. The diameter of the base of the fort was about 40 km (25 mi) which made it difficult to lay siege on it, which added to its strategic value. The fort's ruins consist of palaces, water cisterns, and caves. This fort was built on a hill called Murumbadevi Dongar (Mountain of the Goddess Murumba). Rajgad boasts of the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on any fort.
- 25th Jan 2018
- 8.00 pm: Gather at Swarget Bus Depot
- 8.30 pm: Start journey towards Rajgad base village (Gunjawane)
- 10.00 pm: Reach the Base Village
- 10.00 pm: Dinner
- 10.30 pm: Strat Rajgad trek after introduction
- 26th Jan 2018
- 12.30 am: Reach Padmavati Machi, relax, explore, take photos, have fun
- 01.00 am: Rest
- 05.30 am: wake up call
- 06.00 am: Flag Hoisting in presence of Killedar and other Officers
- 07.30 am: Breakfast
- 08.00 am: Start For Ballekilla(main part of fort)
- 09.00 am: Reach Ballekilla, explore relax, take photos, enjoy
- 10.00 am: Start for Suvela Machi
- 11.15 am: Reach Suvela Machi, explore relax, take photos, enjoy
- 11.45 am: Start for Padmavati Machi
- 01.00 pm: Reach to Padmavati Machi, Lunch
- 02.00 pm: Start descend Journey
- 04.00 pm: Reach base village
- 04.00 pm: Start Return Journey
- 06.00 pm: Reach Swargate
Trek cost includes:
- Travel from Swarget to Swarget by public transport
- Dinner on 25th Jan 2018
- Breakfast, lunch, tea, and snack on 26th Jan 2018
- The Kayakers charges and loads of memories
Trek cost excludes:
- Dinner on 26th Jan 2018
- Bottled drinking water
- Personal Expenses
- Insurance of any kind
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation, and related expenses
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Trek cost includes’
Things to carry:
- Water Bottles ( 3 ltr at least)
- Bedding (Sleeping bag, foam or yoga mat, chadar or sataranji)
- Rain cheater
- Ready to eat food (Biscuits, palm cakes, thepla)
- Polythene bag to keep wet cloths
- Extra pair of clothes
- Good trekking/ sports shoes
- Floaters or slippers (Optional)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Cap, sunglasses, sun cream or cold cream, camera (Optional)
For any queries and registrations please contact:
- +91 9960108321
- +91 7709307767
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- Venue rules apply.
- Internet handling fee per ticket may be levied. Please check your total amount before payment.
- Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior at the venue to pick up your physical tickets.
Rajgad Fort, Balekilla Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India, 412213
Rajgad Fort, Pune, India