What do I get?
A day full of adventure. You get 1hr of trekking followed by 350ft of rappelling followed by a 1000ft of cliff traversing.
When can I join?
You can join us at Lonavala station, any of the following 4 days.
- 10th Feb: Saturday
- 11th Feb: Sunday
- 12th Feb: Monday
- 13th Feb: Tuesday
How safe is it?
The trek is medium grade and can be done even by first-timers, same goes for the rappelling and the traverse part. If you do not have fear of the heights then you can do this easily. Even if you have the height fear, our team will ensure to help you out to conquer it.
Previous event photos and Faqs: http://bit.ly/2EvVphE
Whats the plan?
- 08:00 am - Meet and greet at Lonavala Station.
- 08:30 am - Reach Dukes Nose base camp and have breakfast.
- 09:00 am - Start the trek to Dukes Nose.
- 10:00 am - Training and harnessing followed by the main event.
- 05:00 pm - Move from base camp towards Lonavala.
- 06:00 pm - Journey ends at Lonavala.
How to reach from Mumbai?
Indrayani Express(starts from Cstm at 5.40am-reaches Lonavala at 7.58am) is the best option. We can block train tickets for you (subject to availability) if you let us know in advance(15-20 days prior).
About Dukes Nose :
Duke's nose stands approximately 2350ft above sea level is a huge pinnacle seen while traveling from Mumbai to Pune. The sight from the top is unique and magnificent as one sees a vast landscape and the winding Mumbai-Pune expressway cutting through the ghats and trains chugging along the tracks.
Why should you choose Dukes Nose?
- Length: It doesn't get bigger than this. The rappelling length here is 350ft which is one of the biggest you can get.
- The traverse: The 1000ft cliff traverse is more exciting than the rappelling, once you rappel down you will be made to traverse alongside a cliff which is exposed on one side with 500ft of the valley. All this while you are attached to a safety rope.
- Hike: A one hour trek to the top is an experience in itself.
- Food: Get a taste of the local delicacies.
- Health: Hiking/Trekking is one of the best ways to stay in good shape and good health.
- Comfort zone: Coming out from our closets to meet new people, share travel stories and ideas is what Team Mapping Journeys offers and looks for.
- Breakfast, lunch and evening tea
- Safety and first aid responder
- Rappelling and cliff traverse activities
- Trek charges
- All equipment rental and technical team charges
- Mapping Journeys team along with
- Meals during travel
- Personal expenses
- Insurance of any kind
- Medical hospitalization, evacuation, and related expenses
- Any item not covered under “inclusions”
Smoking and consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited. For confirmation of the seat, the full amount needs to be deposited prior to the event.
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- Venue rules apply.
- Internet handling fee per ticket may be levied. Please check your total amount before payment.
- Tickets once booked cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes prior at the venue to pick up your physical tickets.
Duke's Nose, Kurvande, Maharashtra, India, 410402, Awara Rahi
Duke's Nose, Kurvande, India