Travel & Outdoors Adventurous outing
Oct. 13 – 22, 2017
This Diwali get set to explore the hidden wonders of the mystical Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
Uber Traveler takes you through a journey to explore the pristine landscapes, snow clad peaks and glacial rivers. From Oct 13th to Oct 22nd we take you into the heart of Bhutan also known as "The Last Shangri-La", to experience the culture and tradition which forms the very essence of this tiny Buddhist Kingdom. From spending time in mountains, exploring delectable local cuisines and visiting ancient Monasteries, this tour will give you an extra-ordinary up-close perspective to know why this place is listed as the "happiest country in the world".
Tour Start and End Point: Bagdogra
All internal travel in Bhutan in mini bus/HiAce Van in small group
All stay (Twin/Triple Sharing Occupancy) with breakfast and Dinner - MAP (Modified American Plan)
Trip Duration: 10 Days 9 nights: Ex-Bagdogra
• Travel and permits: Pick up from Bagdogra and complete travel in private vehicle - car until the 10th day drop off back to Bagdogra.
• Meals covered on the trip: Breakfast and Dinner on all days post arrival at the hotel. (MAP Plan)
• Twin sharing basis stay in Bhutanese hotels that have the traditional outlook yet provide the comfort of modern hotels. All places of stay are 4+ above on trip advisor.
• Certified Bhutanese Tour guides/ driver all along the trip. Rivers and Ridges and Uber Traveler Tour leaders all along the trip.
• Basic medical assistance if required.
•Your travel up to New Jalpaiguri/ Bagdogra and from New Jalpaiguri/ Bagdogra back to your return destination.
• Personal expenses (mineral water, beverages, snacks, lunch, equipment, horseback ride etc) • Personal medication
• Anything else besides breakfast and dinner, while you are in Bhutan.
• Optional travel to locations mentioned other than those included in the trip itinerary.
How to get there?
The nearest airport to our first night stay is Bagdogra (Airport code IXB) and the nearest train station is New Jalpaiguri. There are direct flights to Bagdogra daily from Pune, Mumbai and New Delhi, those being Jet air, Spicejet and Air India. Or you can fly to Calcutta and take the Shatapdi express to New Jalpaiguri which is an 8 hr journey.
Make sure your flight reaches Bagdogra on Oct 13th and you can plan your journey back home with a flight from Bagdogra on Oct 22nd. The flight duration varies, try to select the flight that leaves on the morning of 13th and reaches Bagdogra at least by 15:00 Hrs.